By Darreonna Davis, Staff Reporter
Christopher Brent Wood, better known as Brent Faiyaz, is a Columbia, MD native who released his second studio album on Feb. 7, 2020. The album is entitled “F*ck the World,” has ten songs and can be streamed on Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Tidal and several other platforms. Here are the top five songs on the new album and why they must make their way onto your playlist.
- Skyline- A song about how money is the god of the world, though it does not lead to real happiness, Faiyaz’s vocals, instrumentals, and background harmony makes it the perfect song to relax to.
- Clouded- This song is about the sacrifices people make for the sake of fame and the fats life, only to realize that it is worthless in the end. More upbeat and fast-paced, it is a great song to listen to while doing everyday activities, such as studying or showering.
- Been Away- A song about leaving love for money and trying to make up for lost time with materialistic items, this song is another good song for either relaxing or cleaning.
- Let Me Know- This song is about the importance of attaining self-love prior to trying to love others and serve the world. It should definitely make its way to your self-love playlist.
- Bluffin- This song is about love that has long gone, but one is still trying to acquire it. It has earned its place on your playlist of R&B classics.
All in all, Brent Faiyaz’s news album earned its tens for its lyricism and production. If you haven’t already, check it out.